MUSIKALOGY: The Art Of Instruments
Side Projects Productions presents part one of a process of discovery into your musical and creative minds.
Whether you want to learn to play from scratch, or improve your technique and musical confidence, come and enjoy high quality teaching from our friendly and skilled facilitators.
The workshop are open to everyone. We welcome all, from beginners to seasoned musicians! We only ask that you have a willingness to learn something new and enjoy making music in a celebratory, examination-free and sociable environment!
Plus live music!
Topics covered are:
- Drum/Percussion History
- Understanding Rhythm
- Hand and foot Techniques
- Groove and Dynamics
- World Rhythms
- Playing with other musicians
- Odd time signatures
- Practice techniques
- Chord progressions
- Musicality (dynamics/expression)
- Ensemble playing tips
- Personal attributes essential to a musician
- Defining Harmony
- Ear Training, and Intervals
- Constructing and Singing the Major Scale
- Major 2nd and Major 3rd Intervals
- Finding the Tonal Center
- Perfect 4th and Perfect 5th Intervals
- Building Major and Minor Triads
- The I IV V Chord Progression
- Discovering the Blues (An Introduction to Playing Blues Guitar)
- Definition of the blues
- Blues chords, hammer ons/pull offs/vibrato/slide, guitar licks
Ticket: £15 incl. Dinner
For tickets please text: 07480134639
Time: 4pm - 9pm
Venue: Bar FM, Uxbridhe Road, Shepherds Bush, London, W12 7JP
Visit our Facebook event page at here.
- "Best Musical Score" (Transit) at the Golden Screen Awards 2014
- "Sa May Bintana" (Piolo Pascual), Arranger
- "Everyday" (Martin Nievera), Composer
- "Paikot-ikot" (Randy Santiago), Composer
- "Hush" (Agot Isidro), Composer
- "Maybe" (Jolina Magdangal), Arranger
- "Narito" (Sarah Geronimo), Arranger
- "Di Bale Na Lang" (Jimmy Bondoc), Arranger
- "Each Passing Night" (Gary V), Arranger
- Scholar of both the University of the Philippines College of Music and the Birmingham Conservatoire.
- Former Music Teacher of Miriam College.
- Former member of the San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra and Manila Philharmonic.
- Recorded with Regine Velasquez (Someone To Watch Over Me), The Company (Ikaw Pa Ba Yan?), Dong Abay (Huling Hiling), True Faith (Aanhin Pa?), also collaborations with Noel Cabangon, Gary Valenciano
Student of Jun Regalado, dubbed as "The Dean of Philippine Drumming".
International Gigs with Banda Kawayan Pilipinas through Department of Tourism Philippines and Cultural Center of the Philippines.
- 1994-Jeunesses Musicales de France Festival and France Tour
- 1995-Midosuji Parade, Osaka Japan
Hollywood Christmas Parade, Los Angeles, California.
- 1996-East-West Coast Tour USA 100th Philippine Independence Day Celebration
- 1997-50th Anniversary Singapore Airlines, Singapore
European Tour France, Switzerland 7 Greece.
Filipino Food Festival, Taiwan
World Travel Market, London UK
- 1998-European Tour Portugal, Belgium, Spain, Italy & Germany
World Expo Lisbon, Portugal.
- 1999-World Ceramic Expo, South Korea
- 2000-Travel Expo, Hanover, Germany
102nd Philippine Independence Day celebration, Millenium Dome, London UK.
- 2004 Tour of Taiwan
Conservatory of Music
(2yrs) Abelardo Hall, UP Diliman
- 1993-1996 OCTOARTS EMI
AdProm Coordintor for TV & Radio
Live sessionist/ Keyboardist of Kulay
- 1998-2000 OCTOARTS EMI Adprom
Live sessionist/ Keyboardist of
Ogie A, Michael V, Vina Morales, Renz Verano, 4x4, Fruitcake
- 2000-2006 ALPHA RECORDS A&R Supervisor and In-house Producer
Siakol /Sa Pagikot ng Mundo
Mon Del Rosario / Songs in the Key of Love Instrumental
Aegis / Awit at Pag-Ibig
- 2006-2007 VICOR MUSIC A&R Coordintor
- 2014 to present
Student @ Berklee College of Music online
Advance Music Production
Past president of the Batangas Association UK (BAUK) and Deputy Area Commander for the UK & Ireland of the Knights of Rizal. At the present,He is the Convenor/Administrator of the UK Pinoys for Good Governance; Vice Chair of ENFID UK for Northern Ireland; and program host of Usapang FilCom ATBP on Pinoy Radio UK every Monday from 9-11pm.
One of the pioneers in the Filipino Community since the establishment of the Centre for Filipinos with some of his colleagues who runs the centre that created an impact to the lives of the early Filipinos who came and settled here in the UK.
An advertising expert way back home and currently runs his own travel agency - Optima Travel, based in the London suburb of Croydon. He specialises flights and tours to the Philippines.
Originally from Quezon City and Batangas but now living in the United Kingdom.
He produced shows and charity events with the intent of helping our kababayans in the Philippines. He recently produced “An intimate evening with Pinky Amador” under his own banner, PEPS (Promotions, Events and Productions Specialist).